I poached my first egg this weekend! I didn't even use a special contraption, just a pot of swirling water and an egg. Well actually my wonderful man friend turned cooking mentor Jose walked me through the whole process. He's a perfectionist so we wasted I mean practiced with 4 eggs until it was poached to perfection.
How to Poach an Egg
1. Boil a large pot of water and reduce to simmer
2. Crack an egg into a mug or bowl
3. Add a splash of vinegar into the pot of water
4. Then use a large spoon to swirl the water like a tiny tornado
5. While the water is swirling, gently slide the egg into the center of the swirl water so the egg doesn't fall apart
6. Wait 4 minutes